BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Feeling Good but Getting Fat

Yes, I do mean I'm getting fat. Wow.

I am fully recovered from being sick. I am actually feeling great. And I have been working out again. I would like to do more running so I am working up to a continuous 30 minutes of running. The race that I wanted to run in at the end of May, I don't think I have enough time to train for. But I am still training.

But my eating is atrocious right now. I am eating everything in site. A lots of sweets. I actually bought a full sugar soda the other day. I haven't drank non-diet soda in probably years. It's like I don't care right now. My problem is I definitely have an all or nothing attitude. If I can't be perfect in my diet or I don't have the perfect body, I go completely in the other direction. And I just give up completely. It is so the wrong attitude. I have seen where eating at least semi-healthy DOES help me not get super fat, it just doesn't get me the perfect fit dream body that I desire. The only way to get my super body (which I've never achieved yet but got very close) is to be really strict with my eating, which I am not interested in. But I could eat semi-healthy and have a semi-healthy body and a semi-dream body, which frankly a semi-dream body appeals to me right now because my squishy, buldging belly body right now is hard to move in. I'm WISHING I had the body that I was UNHAPPY with a year ago. It wasn't as bad as I have now. It is actually VERY UNCOMFORTABLE moving around in my body right now. It feels weird to have the extra flab where there was none before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you won't take what I say as bad or anything like that, but I think, you just have to make that choice as to how badly you want something.

The one thing you do, which is really great, is you express your feelings, rather than keep thme to yourself, so you make them more concrete, and it's not as easy to hide from them.

However the one thing you don't really do, which I feel you could do, is talk about yourself as if you really believe in the possibilities for yourself.

You seem to view everything you do, not as a chance to do more, or improve, but a kind of downward spiral or a flatlining of any improvement.

You would benefit from outlining ways you could improve your situation, and highlight how that happens.

Maybe even just focus on one aspect like diet, or training, until you've gained consistency with one, then give the other more atttention, knowing the first aspect is under control, and consistently applied, and the time dedicated to it won't suffer, when you focus extra time to the other aspect.

You would benefit from seeing yourself in a more positive light.

Being able to see how your attitude to you, would reflect on your children, and how they saw you / wanted to be like you.

Being able to say, I AM DESERVING, of a better body, or better health etc etc.

I CAN ACHIEVE etc etc.

I WILL etc etc.

This next comment isn't intended to sound bad, but on one site I use, I've seen at least a couple of people with difficulties like a Thyroid problem, who have done well in the circumstances.

One has accepted that probably that last 30lbs will be hard to shift, but has lost around 60-80lbs in the last few years, and I think another one was someone competed last year at 40, (at leats I think that person was someone with a Thyroid issue at some point), and that's people with a Thyroid problem.

Maybe that spurs them on to do more, gives them a focus, though they would probably prefer not to have the problem.

Your focus could be anything.

1. To show your kids the right way to live.

2. To prove you CAN do it.

3. To want more quality of life in older age, so when your kids are your age, they don't come to visit and you regail them with a list of ailments, when they ask how you are.

You are a pretty amazing person in some ways, for carrying and birthing children. I know that's a hard thing to do and I don't envy women.

However you prove you could go through those hard times, emotional times, and possibly things like Ankle and lower Back pain I shouldn't wonder, so to be able to take that on shows what you ARE capable of.

To be able to lose 20-30lbs or whatever you would like to lose, is something that compared to 8-9 months of child-bearing and birthing, seems like a much easier thing to do.

It's all about, how much you want it, and how you think you DESERVE it.

Personally I think 100%, you deserve it, and deserve ot feel amazing every day, but until you start to see yourself as a person, who probably is quite emotionally gifted, and in some ways emotionally beautiful as a person, and stop seeing yourself as a bit of a dissapointment, or an emotionally weak or failing individual in some regards, you won't move on too easily.

I as ever wish you lots of luck. I don't think negatively of you really, for what you post sometimes, but I do hope and wish for you more than you have, and more good times, and better physical wellbeing as you wish to have.

I don't doubt you are someone deserving of much, but it will to some extent come with emotional sacrifice, but if you look hard within yourself, you CAN and I'm sure WILL find it, but with you being around the 40 age, this would be an ideal time, to really pick up the pace and make solid lasting changes, before nature really starts fighting back, and making it more difficult still.

Take care, and don't be too hard on yourself. There are undoubtedly a lot of positives to a person like you. I'm sure your family would think so, and I'm sure deep down you think so too, but you just need to start accepting yourself as so much more than second best, and learning to believe and trust in your Head and Heart and the power of YOU.

I think all that you need to achieve is in your Head and Heart. So keep looking, and most of all, keep your chin up, be strong, and best wishes.

You really aren't second best, and that is something I truly believe, not one of those it sounds good so I'll say it things.

The question is, what are you willing to believe about yourself?

:-) :-) :-).

Matt

Anonymous said...

I TOTALLY get what you're saying. You will get to the point when you've just had enough. That's where I am now. Clean eating is the ONLY way to get what you want and to feel better. I think it's FINALLY clicked in my head. Took a while! :)