BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 6, 2012

Just a quick note

Just a quick note to talk about the gap in posts on this blog between Dec 2009 and now. They were a really difficult, despairing, and despondent two years. Mostly because of the stress of the economy. Both my husband and I work in the housing/construction sector and both our jobs/employers were HIT HARD and AT THE SAME TIME. In addition, my husband's employer was experiencing personal problems that added additional uncertainty to his job security. Over at my job, we lost about 50% of our work force. I saw two grown men cry over losing their jobs. Let's just say, it STUNK! I can't stress enough how stressful a time it was for us both.


To add stress to our already stressed out lives, I decided to change careers and am currently facing significant uncertainty over future finances.

Mostly, the lack of posts was due to me being in school. I pretty much focused on that and unfortunately many things that I enjoyed doing I didn't have time for. Regrettably, I didn't get to spend as much time with my kids which hurts the most. I am finished with school until next fall. But next fall, I plan not to let school take away from my family. I just don't want to do that again. At all.

0 comments: