BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What am I up to?

I have been doing well with eating my vegetables and fruits and protein. I had a lot of spinach today! I have decided to do a 12 week Body for Life, starting yesterday. I did one before and only had moderate success. But I am trying again. Starting weight is 121.0 First goal weight is 115.0. I plan some modifications like increasing vegetables and maybe decreasing some of the carbs. Also I need more than one rest day, so I plan to combine two workouts (a weight lifting one and a cardio) into one day.

It is hard to think about how good I looked last summer and how I look now. Yesterday, I almost started to cry because as I was doing dumbbell bent-over rows to work my back, all I could think about was my back fat squeezing together instead of focusing on my muscles:( Sigh.

Oh well.

My food for today was:

1: cereal, milk, protein shake, coffee
2: watermelon, protein shake
3: chicken & spinach salad with dressing
4: spinach, brocoli & pasta salad
5: chicken drumstick, cornbread, hershey chocolate bar, sm. piece of brownie
Lots of water today

Yeah, I kind of goofed on meal 5. I know what happened. I was STARVING when I got home from work and while I was waiting for the chicken and cornbread to get done cooking I ate some brownie and a half of a chocolate bar. I just couldn't wait. Then I ate the other half after dinner because well I'd already blew it.

I HAVE to have food available when I am dieting because when meal times roll around, I am HUNGRY!

Also I want to try two new recipies a week. At the end of 12 weeks, I should have 24 new recipies. This week I made:
1: Spinach, chicken & avacado salad with homemade dressing (olive oil, lime juice, honey, paprika). Very yummy but it needed a pinch of salt.
2. Brocoli, spinach & pasta salad with feta cheese and lite italian dressing. Very yummy also.

Also I am teaching my 7-year old and 9-year old girls how to cook. They LOVE it! They get to pick out the menu and then we cook it together. They are really helping me in the kitchen. My 9-year now comes up and asks me if I need any help in the kitchen! I hope it stays that way!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The main thing is you are starting to change certain things for the better.

Certainlt don't ever feel like crying, because you ARE worth it, and you've carried and given birth to two children, so if they were worth it, so are you :-) :-).

Matt

Laurie said...

Good luck on your new challenge. It's so fun when it's exciting and new and I love that you're teaching your daugthers to cook that's great!