BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Working on it

I have been taking a sneak peek at my waist and "pooch" measurements the last two mornings to see if I am making progress. My pooch is smaller and my waist is up and down. My weight is up which is not unexpected. I always gain weight at first when I diet. It's very weird. I'm thinking of not even going by the scale, at least for a little while, just try and get my waist circumference DOWN! That is really what I want anyway.

So I'm not sure if I am making progress. I might be, but I should probably work a little harder. Like I said before, sometimes I feel thinner. But in the evenings I just feel HUGE.

I have been hitting my workouts good. I like playing with my new heart rate monitor. But it confirms what I expected, that I am not working hard or long enough. I am averaging about 200 cal per workout session and this should be a little higher. I am also getting my walking in. I like playing with my pedometer. (All these fun Christmas toys!) But the pedometer also confirms what I thought, that I am not very active. My steps rarely get above 5300 or so.

So for now I am focusing on working out harder and longer and getting my steps in. Now if I could just get a handle on not cheating with the food. I am working on that too.

0 comments: