BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Walk that Line

Well my eating has been OK but not good enough. It seems that for me to lose fat, I need to walk a tight line. Let me explain with a visual. Picture a continuum. On the clear left is disorded eating like anorexia (which I have never had or anything, I am just explaining a concept) where you eat like one grape for breakfast or something. Waaay farther to the right of that is rapid fat loss dieting (where I want to be, where you lose fat at a fairly decent rate), a little farther to the right is slow fat loss, and farther to the right still is maintenance, more to the right is slow gain eating (mass building phases in bodybuilding) and finally to the end of the right is gaining weight fast.

On this continuum, I feel that I am to the right of the rapid fat loss dieting close to the slow fat loss line. I need to eeek it over to the left a little at a time, being careful not to cross that line. When you are doing fat loss at a rapid rate, it's easy to get obsessed or binge/purge and I just don't want that or need that. I saw a study one time where they took just two "normal" people and put them on strict diets and the two people quickly became obsessed with talking and thinking about food all the time. In other words, you can take someone who doesn't really worry about what they eat or don't eat that much, put them on a strict diet and even "normal" people can just go nuts, so to speak.

So I need to "tighten up" my eating, probably only by 150 calories or so is all I need (delete one serving of carbs), to be at the point where I need to be. Only thing is, this place is "teeth gritting"hard for me because I am hungry and I crave carbs and I am lethargic most of the time. So it is a battle for me. For the Divas out there, yes I am on Tony's plan, but he is allowing me some whole grain carb or fruit if I feel like I really need it. So it is kind of my choice. But if I am too "comfortable" (even if it is healthy eating) I don't lose the weight.

Anyway, I've blabbed long enough about that. I had a great workout today, back and cardio. My total workout was 75 minutes! I love the gym on Fridays because nobody is there! And my husband picks up the kids at the sitters so I don't have to. It's just a big party with just me and the weights on Friday night! Ha. Well there was some teenage boys there. They are so funny to watch!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be strong, and it WILL happen.

GOOD LUCK.

:-) :-).

Matt