BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday

I wonder if I am going through perimenopause or something. I get hot and then cold and hot and cold. And now, I have cramps but no period (it is due any day now) and that NEVER happens. I hardly get cramps but when I do, it is WITH my period. I am only 38 but it sure seems like something hormonal is happening. My skin is drier than ever, EXCEPT my face and neck, which is more oily than normal (By the end of the day, my hair starts to get greasy from laying on my face and neck). The oily face is bugging the crap out of me. I NEVER had that, even as a teenager. It is like I am going through teenage stage again or something. And my sex drive is UP! (Husband likes that!) All this is driving me crazy. I’m only 38, for goodness sake!

Well I had a good eating day yesterday and today so far. I’m back at it, eating clean and it does feel good! I did a very light workout yesterday because I’ve been fighting a migrane off since Sunday and heavy weight training and migranes DON’T MIX. I finally had to break down and take some medicine for it last night at 1:00 am.

I weighted Monday just to see how bad the damage is. Uh, 116.5. Up from 112.0. That is like a 4.5 gain over like 2 weeks or something. It’s so bad I almost just laughed. Almost. I have no excuse. I feel like I’ve let everyone down in blog land. Here I am giving tips and I can’t even get myself straight.

Sometimes I do wish I could have Tony back. But not for now. Anyway I am home today. There is ice cream in the house. Sigh. I don’t think I will be having any. I’m feeling pretty good and I need to give my body what it deserves, good food, not junk!

P. S. And I am feeling better about my "spiritual crisis" that I was going through! Whew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just need to understand that you realised your weight rise, and now you can try to stop it in time.

Don't be hard on yourself, and don't forget if you are going through some kind of pre-menopausal thing, or some such situation, it could affect things like metabolism, digestion etc etc, because the Hypothalamus, the part of the Brain that governs the Endocrine system, and of course Metabolism and sleep too, also governs other Hormones and temperature, so it's raised your temperature possibly to attempt to rid your body of something it thinks is in there, like a foreign body that shouldn't be, and will be possibly altering the internal conditions to stop it worsening.

So this could be having some bearing on your weight gains. Don't be too hasty to think you're hashing up your diet and workout plans. Sure possibly one or two slips, but probably not a big loss of discipline.

You're not failing anybody. You are NOT a failure :-).

I'm sure you'll get through this well, so just be strong, and GOOD LUCK.

:-) :-).

Matt

Angela said...

Maybe your pregnant :)