BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday

I feel like I need to update! I have been feeling re-motivated these days! Yeah! I've been feeling more optimistic too. It's nice, let me tell ya.

Monday and Tuesday I ate CLEAN. Today, not so much because I went out to eat, kind of a spur of the moment thing. But I am ready to eat clean tomorrow. I have stuff pre-cooked. And I had great workouts Monday and Tuesday. Today was a rest day.

Regarding my last post, I KNOW there has GOT to be a middle ground where I can be healthy, work on my dreams AND take care of all my responsibilities. I think I just want some magic answer, and there is none in life. It is a balance thing and it is NOT an exact science. And it will probably change from time to time. I think I am afraid of becoming a slave to it. But I have been letting myself off the hook too much and definitely making excuses for myself. I just don't want to admit it. You know, it occured to me that I did 12 weeks with Tony and the world around me did not fall apart, meaning that apparently I was able to eat strict and train and still able to work and take care of my family because nothing fell apart on those fronts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay an update!! I'm SO glad you are feeling motivated and uplifted! Yep, it's definitely a balancing act and I tell ya, I STILL have to get it out of my head that it's going to get easier. I'm still trying to get it through my thick skull that if I want to be better, then it takes MORE work. :) Better late than never, right?

Anonymous said...

It's about doing what you feel is right for yourself.

You could make specific numbers, like 300 calories a meal, 8 grams of Fat per meal maximum, etc etc, and never hit the nail on the head with Macros.

Well not unless you just ate every meal full of Mushrooms, and Olive Oil, as Mushrooms are one of the very few foods with about a 50 / 50 split of two macros, (Protein and Carbs), so if you ate like that all day, you'd get Macro and calorie plans bang on, but then you'd be deficient in some Micronutrients.

Plus it never helps anyone, when differing foods are measured in Cups, Tspns, Tbsps, Ounces, Grams etc etc, so you just have to pick a strategy that you believe will work for you, use some figures for calories and Macros if needs be, and know that one or two more potential grams of Carb for Lunch, compared to the day before, is not a heinous deviation off plan, not unless the amount goes up to a significant level.

You just need to create your happy caloric medium, make it simple to stick to, (not loads of food prep, cooking time etc etc, if you want ot save time), and perhaps have the same daily diet, but alter the dinners, so it's easier to prep 5 other daily meals, when you're having the same thing every day, and then just change the dinners for variety.

It's how I do it. Same Breakfast, same Lunch, snacks similar, Dinner differs a bit nearly every time.

Keeps it simple, and if it tastes nice, even if it's just the proverbial Meat and two accompanying foods dinner, most often, it isn't boring, but it's food you can have confidence in, and control over.

GOOD LUCK whatever happens.

:-) :-).

Matt