BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Eat the Healthy Stuff

How am I feeling today? Hungry but bloated in the belly. Interesting combination. Actually the funny thing is that the only part of my body that I don't like is my stomach. That is where I carry all of my fat. The rest of my body looks pretty decent, actually. But it seems that I can't see the good parts of my body and be happy, only the bad. I really should get a better attitude on that.

I'm feeling pretty strong today as far as my diet resolve goes. I'm eating pretty good. I DO need to add in good food as well as cutting out the junk. Since I eat so much junk, when I take it out, I really dip my calories too low (like Brit man said). Today for instance, I had eaten breakfast, snack and lunch already and it was not yet time for my afternoon snack and I felt completely starving. This was the point in the past where I said just screw it and dove headfirst into a bowl of cereal. But this time I calmly decided that it WAS best for me to eat but I made a healthy chicken wrap (with protein) and it was actually pretty good. After I ate I felt SO much better.

I just feel like I have NO energy and I think the problem may be not eating enough GOOD healthy food. So I will try eating more healthy food.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good to hear :-).

That is something a lot of people do. Fat does help to fill you up, and is a secondary source of energy, but when people cut it out, that usually involves Carbs and Proteins too, because unless it's something like Full Fat Butter on Potatos or Toast for example, removing pure Fat from the diet is just not possible without additional sacrifice of other things.

Thankfully if you need more good Fat things like Healthy Oils, Almonds, Avocado, Healthy Spreads, Seed and Low Salt Nut sources etc etc, are good replacments, and in the case of things like Almonds, there's a tiny bit Protein in there, and Cashews have a low GI register, which most Nuts don't, so there's a bit of Carb in those suckers, if someone chooses to eat them.

Here's one for you as well, incase you didn't know much about it. Coconut Oil / Butter.

The content and fatty acids in it, are heat stable, so they won't go toxic, or reduce in quantity when cooking with them, and they actually don't store as Fat either, they get used as energy. I think it's the only Fat source that does this.

So as a bad fat replacer, it's a pretty good one for people looking to bolster their good Fats up a bit.

I'm glad things are looking up for you. I'm sure with time and attention you'll get things sorted out, and your diet will be pretty much bang on the money.

GOOD LUCK :-) :-).

Matt