BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

No weighing in for me!

Well, I'm plugging right along, eating healthy and exercising. I think I ate too much today. It was all healthy food but probably too many calories. I was HUNGRY today so I ate. But that is my problem, eating too much. But I only ate healthy food and I never stuffed myself today.

I'm thinking about NOT weighing myself for a while. It's just too discouraging when it doesn't go down. The way I see it, if I put 100% effort into it, that means that I have done EVERYTHING I possible could to succeed. I can't do more than that. If in doing that, I still don't lose those last 10 pounds then really THERE ISN'T ANY MORE I COULD HAVE DONE and I have done all that I can do. That doesn't make me a failure because I worked to my potential.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the best thing. Too many people get obsessed and start weghing everyday, and it's overkill, because of certain factors.

Things like them not eating the exact same meals every single day, some days when they're not exercising, causing recued at burn, but helping recovery, heat causing more water sweating, cold weather causing mor toilet trips when you don't sweat as much, so weight can fluctuate daily, from AM ot PM, andalso 24 hours later it may have gone slightly up or down, and people can't stress about gaining 0.1lb in 24 hours, but they do.

Weighing should only be done as frequently as once a week, unless for possible reasons like Doctors advice, so it makes people stress too much, and it can sometimes manifest itself into a psychological thing, or some kind of dependancy.

So I'm sure you're doing the right thing, and as ever I wish you lots of luck and best wishes.

If you believe whole-heartedly you're doing the right things, the results WILL happen, and will show when you do weigh now and again.

Take care, and keep up the hard work. I know it's not plain sailing, and it is difficult to be totally consistent and solid, but you should be very proud of yourself, and I think you're doing a great job overall.

WELL DONE :-) :-).

Matt