BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Scale Lies

I had a good Sunday and Monday. On Sunday, I cooked lots of food. Monday, I stayed on track (even though I was home with a sick child).

The scale is no indication of progress. Remember my goal of 112.0 by this past weekend. Today the scale said 112.0 which should make me happy BUT this is not reflected in my CLOTHES. I have been over-indulging for weeks and my stomach is poofed out and my arms and legs are clearly flabbier. Why is the scale lower? Probably lost muscle (Oh no!) I was definitely LEANER at 113.0. Crazy! I am working on fixing it though. Clean eating today and a good workout.

Have a good day! What can you do in the next 10 minutes that will move you a little closer to your goals? (A Tony quote!) For me, it is "Get to Work!" (I'm at work!) So bye!

P.S. 12 weeks out to my 39th birthday . . . . . . . . sound like a challenge calling? O.K. back to work now, I promise!

Tip of the Week:
Re: Intensity during your workout. Everybody knows that you need to workout with intensity. For the Tony Diva's out there, when you print out your workouts, there is usually several pages, right? If you only HAD to do the first page would you do those exercises a little harder, with more intensity? If you could, then there is room for improvement in your intensity level. If you're not a Tony Diva, basically I am saying when working out, just take it one set at a time and focus only on that set, not your whole workout.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may not necessarily have lost muscle.

Some weight loss can be down to the time when you weigh. The main fault, (I'm not saying you did this), is some people weigh at night, then next time in the morning after a toilet trip, and obviously on an empty stomach.

Some of the weight could have been water.

So don't be worrying about what happened. You just need to keep taking each day as it comes, plan appropriately, and don't stress about the end of a week, or the next time you weigh.

Just make the end of each day something to work towards, and something where you say, YES I did everything I think I could to be on track, and I've done what needs to be to plan for next few days, and then you should sleep well, and wake knowing you're doing it right, and you have what it takes to do it right.

Don't be too hard on yourself, and good luck yeah.

:-) :-).

Matt

Anonymous said...

YES!!! It took me FOREVER to get that whole INTENSITY thing down! NOW I get it. NOW I work every rep like it's the last one! Yeah, baby!

I don't like the scale either. It isn't a good judgement of where you really are. I'm finally figuring out though that it totally depends on ME to make the right choices if I want to reach my goals.

Hope your little one is feeling better. :)